Monday, September 29, 2008

Final stop, San Vito Lo Capo

Finally the final stop. I am sorry it has taken me about a month to finish posting our trip to the North Coast. It has been crazy busy around here since school started back. I will post soon on the latest on the boys. I have some good news on Seb.


Our final stop on our trip was the north west tip of Sicily call San Vito Lo Capo. I have been here once before on an ITT trip while I was pregnant with Marcello and Ralph was in Africa.



This is a photo of Seb the first time we came here in 2006.











A photo on the same trip in 2006 of Seb and his buddy Jack.





I fell in Love with this little quiet beach town. I always wanted to come back and show Ralph. It's a clean sandy beach and the water is clear blue and green. You can walk everywhere, which makes it nice when you have kids. They have a Hugh wide boardwalk, sidewalk along the beach filled with shops and bars to eat at. We got lucky and booked a room beachfront. All we had to do was walk outside and cross the boardwalk and we were on the beach. We did have a mix up on our booking, but I wont go into that. I really wanted to book 2 nights here since its so relaxing and what Kim was looking for. But this time of year it was booked, we verily got one night. But one night is better than none and its worth it.


Finally we got things cleared up, and settled in our new room. We threw on our swimsuits and headed to the beach. After all this is what we came here to do. We knew today would be the only day we could enjoy it, since we had to pack up and drive home in the morning. It was great, just what we were looking for. A nice relaxing day at the beach. The kids got to swim and play in the sand, and Kim and I got to lounge in the chairs provided by our Hotel. I think Seb stayed in the water almost the entire time, and Marcello played quietly at the shore line with his bucket and shovel.




A photo of Seb swimming, he loves the water.
















Marcello playing in the sand. Look how cute he is.
















Yes, Marcello eats beach sand, well he eats everything. I have to keep a watchful eye on him, everything goes into the mouth.




I start to realize how blessed I truly am. Both my boys are good little men, and I got to relax and not chase them all over the beach. After sitting there for a while, I notice one of the many beach peddlers walking up and down selling floats. I saw the one Marcello went crazy over the last time I took him to the beach with my girlfriends. I stop him and asked how much. It was a little pricey, but what is the price you pay knowing it will make your childs day. Besides I am on a mini vacation.



Marcello loved his float so much, I think he stayed in it the rest of the day at the beach. LOL


Kim took the boys swimming for me, since I don't like getting into the water. And being pregnant makes it harder on me.



The boys had so much fun that day. Marcello loves being in the water also.






This mini vacation is just what my boys and I needed. A nice relaxing time before the busy school year starts.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

this place is beautiful!