Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cefalu..

We finally arrive in Cefalu. We are hungry, tired and just want to relax. I was hoping to break up the drive better with the stop in Patti, but we had to keep on moving. When we arrive in the town of Cefalu, we are a little confused about where our hotel is. The GPS is a little off. So I walk up to the bar that we pulled into to ask, when I looked up and saw the sign for our hotel. So I walk in to go ahead and check us in. After I walked back to the car I asked Kim about which hotel we chose, because I though we booked one with a pool. She said she thought we did too, but we decided on this one because it was closer to the beach walking wise, to limit driving around. So I guess we goofed on that. No big deal we had a nice view from our room, it was clean and roomy for all 4 of us. After we unload what we need from the car we walk down to the bar that is connected to our hotel. Hoping to find something decent to eat. It is hours before restaurants open for dinner, and we are hungry. I also ask where to get gas since we never found one before we got to the hotel. The guy explained to me that they are closed on Sunday and are only a few km down the road. So we are wondering what we are going to do tonight. Our hotel ended up not in the town itself of Cefalu, but on the other side near the Marina and the lighthouse. Only a 10 min walk or less to the town, and it had a wide sidewalk we could walk on with the stroller with the view of the water.





The view from our Hotel room.

No comments: