Sunday, October 5, 2008

San Vito Lo Capo ...Part 2...


Since the last post seemed long with a lot of photos, I thought I would break it up some and post the rest on another blog. So here are the rest of the photos from that trip. Like I have said this is my favorite place. I so want to go back again. I know Ralph would really enjoy the peacefulness of it and us letting the kids run down the beach.

Hope you enjoy.









Sunset photos.


























A photo of Marcello and I at sunset going to dinner.


After a long day of driving and playing at the beach, we went back to our room and got cleaned up. I wanted to drive tonight to another small town near by to have dinner and walk around. Last time we were here the driver took us to a town near by and it had a lot of little shops and restaurants. I remember the town having nice restaurants and the food being really good. So Kim and I set out to try and find it. We never did, LOL. I couldn't understand why, I knew it was only 15 min drive. So we just drove until we finally decided to just stop at the next place we saw to eat. We finally came across a place that looked open, but kept driving up the mountain a little more. After driving a few more Min's, we turned around and decided to go back to that one and eat. We didn't want to kids up too late and they were hungry. Parking always scares me in Sicily. Most places do not have parking spots or a lot, so you have to park on the side of the road. And the roads here are verily wide enough for 2 cars to pass each other. I always feel I will come back to my car and it will be missing a mirror or smashed up.

We unload the kids and walk to the Restaurant. It's a nice night so we decide to eat outside. It also looks like they are setting up for a party. We look over the menu and can not make it out. Normally I can read half the menu when I go out, and I break out my cheat sheet to help. But I couldn't on this one. We did our best and ordered. We started to crack up when the waiter brought our wine and dinner. Kim ordered white wine and it came out in a local ceramic , hand painted pitcher. And she doesn't like seafood and her pasta had clams or something smilier in it. I do not remember what mine was, but it wasn't that great either. During dinner the party started next to us. There was a man playing the piano and we all got a great giggle. Marcello apparently likes classical music, he starts to dance in his chair to the music. Seb is almost passed out next to me on some pillows. This is typical when we go out to dinner since places don't open until around 8PM. Even though the food wasn't that great, the wine and entertainment was.

No comments: