Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Schmitz family update

Sorry I have not finished our mini trip across the island. When I started this blog page I had a few minutes in the morning and a few in the evening to write my post. Now that Ralph is home from Germany, school has started back and we are in the mist of purging our house and De-cluttering our lives. I have not had the time to write. It feels good to be back into a routine and be busy again.

Sebastian has started the second grade and so far is doing so good. I am so proud of him and how far he has come. I didn't sign him up for soccer this year, and I think that is helping us out some. I did sign him up for Cub Scouts and we are all excited about it.

This week has been crazy so far, and I don't think it will calm until the weekend. I have so many things to do and not enough time in the day to do it all. On top of that my AC has completely gone out of my car, so It limits how much I drive right now. Monday we got an email that our new car has arrived and we need to finish up paperwork so we can bring it home. Yeah, just in time. So I let Ralph know, and we go together to see what all needs to be done. We do all we can for that day and are told to make an Appt with MVRO and come back. Of course we cant get in until Wed., and I am told I can not do it, My husband has to do it all. The way things are ran here are so frustrating. You have to go through 5 steps or more to get a car registered, and the spouse can not do most of it. It's not like in the states where you sit and are able to take care of it all in one sitting and drive off with your car. Its hard on us because Ralph works and can not always get away to do all of this. But its out of my control, I am told I can not do it.

Tuesday comes, and today is a busy day. Since I couldn't run all my Arron's Monday, I am going to try and squeeze them in today. Tuesday was also the kickoff for the bible study group I started to go to last year. Then I had to grab a quick bite for Marcello and I to eat. Had to then rush over to drop Marcello off to CDC so I could go for my Dr appt to check on baby Finn. The Dr. Appt goes good, and Baby Finn and I are healthy. I feel so rushed and I still have things on my to do list and Seb gets out of school soon. uggg, does it ever end. I end up skipping my to do list and getting Seb, decided to to one thing on the list and go home. Its hot, Marcello is cranky and I am tired. Remember I do not have AC in the car and its very HOT out. NO AC makes Ali very Crabby.

Wednesday comes, I wake up tired but I have the whole day to get things done today. SO I think.....
I start off the day having my coffee, and decided to go ahead and order the final piece I want for my new stroller. I just got it in and I am excited about it. I am not having luck and website are frustrating me, ugg. I finally find what I want and order it. Also this morning has been one of those toddler capture days. I have not hardly talked about Marcello, I will catch you up on him on another blog. We are changing his morning routine also, and today I decided to cook his breakfast. While I was getting it ready he got out a pan and ran into the living room in front of the TV. He then shows up and get a spachaler and runs back to the living room. I am like, what is he up to today. I have to investigate. I find him with both items and it looks like he is cooking, its so cute. He acts like he is stirring something in the pan then licks the spachaler. And what would any mother do, I go and find my camera.
















After Marcello was done cooking his pretend breakfast , I feed him his real one. I decided now is a good time to start one of my projects to get it done. I don't get very far before Marcello start to get tired. Another thing we are trying to change is his nap schedule. He like to nap early, and I am trying to prolong it and have him nap after lunch. But so far we are not successful. He likes his routine he is in right now. I take him to bed and he starts to sing himself to sleep, it another thing he does from time to time and its so cute.

I decided to sit for a min to refocus on what needs to be done, and the phone rings. It's Ralph, he is at MVRO and he forgot to bring the euro I got for him for the appt. Uggg, Marcello just fell asleep and I have not showered yet. I throw clothes on and get Marcello and meet him there. But they have good news, they are able to take care of everything that day, no making another appt. I decided to stay for the rest of the appt to find out what all needs to be done so we can get our car. Can you tell I'm itching to get it home. Uggg.

I finally make it back home and put poor Marcello back to bed and I crash. I must have been really tired because I sleep until 2:45 and realized I need to go to the bus stop to get Seb. What a day. This is how most of our days go. Crazy huh. And the day is not over yet. I still need to help Seb with homework and prep dinner. I am also getting us prepared so when Ralph gets home we can get our new car.

Time ticks on, its getting closer to 5pm and I told the dealer we would be there at 5:15. I never call Ralph at work, But his cell will not work while he is there. So I break down and call to see whats going on. He is stuck in a meeting and still has to prep for a dive he has to do tomorrow. So I have to call the dealer back and let him know we will not make it today. I am sooo bummed. Because I know tomorrow he will be soooo busy and might not make it either. And I cant go get it since its a half day at school and will have to bring both kids. Plus he left all the tags and paperwork at work. So we will just wait and pray we will get it by Friday.

No comments: