Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A rough night

We get back at the Hotel room and try to get settled for bed. For whatever reason I can not get comfortable and the pillow is rock hard. Marcello will not lay down in his pack and play also, it seems we are all restless. I so need my rest being pregnant and since I have to do all the driving. I finally break down and put Marcello in between Seb and I. He still will not settle down, he keeps jumping on his brothers head and rolling all over the bed. I can't help but giggle, but we need sleep. Finally I think I get him settled. But I still cant sleep. I finally doze off and awake to Marcello blood grueling scream. It scared me for several reasons. One he hardy ever crys and two this is the kind that your child is in pain. I feel his tummy and its hard. He has to have gas or he ate something when I wasn't looking. I feel so helpless, I try to comfort him but nothing works, so I fill his cup with straight apple juice hoping to flush it out. He will not take it, another sign that is not like him. I take him to the bathroom to help calm him away from everyone and give him some Tylenol. He starts to pass gas, that's when I know its his tummy. It just breaks my heart I cant do anything to make him feel better. And I feel bad my girlfriend has to listen to him cry, nobody is getting sleep. What a great way to start our trip.

Finally he settles down and drinks his juice, I just hold him rocking him while sitting on the bathroom floor. After he calms down , I carry him to bed with me and cuddle him.

Morning comes quickly. We sleep in some, but we need to get downstairs for the free breakfast and get on the road to one of my favorite towns on the North Coast to go shopping. We are not impressed with the breakfast. Either we came down to late, or they just dont offer much at this place. So our morning is not going well so far. We decide to grab some snacks and get on the road to get gas and go shopping before the stores close.

No comments: