Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's ALL coming together... FINALLY.

Finally after 2 1/2 years on the island, I finally feel its all coming together. And I am living in Peace and Harmony.

Ralph and I have been busy bees getting things done that have been put off too long. We work great as a team. The first step was getting me healthier. I gotta say I am spoiled when he is home with the meals he cooks for us. And he helps a lot around the house and with the kids. I have been extremely sick, and this past month has been the first time I have felt good. I actually have energy to start and finish a project. Thank You everyone for all your prayers.

I also have been reading a lot on how to organize your life. I think I finally found a method that works for me. In case you don't know, I am the most unorganized person you will meet. I struggle with it daily, and it runs in my family. My sister and I had a really nice talk a few weeks ago, and one of the things we talked about is how we can't seem to get the house put together and keep it that way. It gets frustrating at times. I also owe A LOT of credit to my girlfriend Kim on when she was here. She helped me get started and into the grove of getting the house the way it should be. THANK YOU KIM. What also helped me out was hiring a cleaning lady to do a deep clean on the house before Ralph got back. Sometimes you just have to do it. And boy it helps me get back on track.

Now that I felt things were heading in the right directions, it was time to tackle the large projects. Reorganizing the kitchen and dinning room. And then switching the boys rooms. The kitchen was getting clustered with stuff that didn't need to be in there, and the cabinets were over filled. I got tired of seeing everything overflowing with cook and bake ware. Our problem was too many of some items and not enough of others. We have enough plates to have 20+ people over for dinner and more coffee mugs than a coffee shop, LOL. And I asked him when is the next time we will have another Hugh dinner party. It's time to weed things down.

It felt really great for us to do this together. It was something I have been trying to GET TO since we got here. But just like other things that are low on your list, it got put off. We worked on one cabinet at a time until we made our way around the room. We took all the bake ware off the butcher block and told him we need to put away the items we don't use weekly.

Now the kitchen feels and looks better. It flows and functions the way it should. We have proper counter space to work on, the mixer is now out so we can use it more, and no junk on the counters. We recycled Tupperware, and donated other items to nearly new. My Buffet was the same way. We cleaned it all out and replaced what should be in there. Now I feel its being utilized for what it should be.

When it was all done, I breathed a sign of relieve. It's all coming together the way we always wanted it. Both Ralph and I are very happy with it.

OOO I forgot to mention my wonderful husband bought me a new laptop, and set up the dinning room with wireless internet and the printer now can print with wireless also. No more wires for little grabby hands to tug on. Thank You babe.

NEXT......
The boys rooms. I will post a separate blog on it and post photos when its all done. I am sooooooo excited, Marcello's new Special bed is here. Not going to say what it is, if you don't already know, then you will just have to wait and see the photos.

No comments: