Friday, March 27, 2009

And then I go and Break my FOOT !!!!!


Today is Friday, and this week has been BUSY. I am starting to finally get into a good routine, keeping up with the house, and finishing up projects that I have ignored for 3 years. 

Today's plan was to go back to the store and get more storage container and finish the upstairs closet. Well that didn't happen. The first thing that happened was I forgot today was a Water Outage Day. So when I finally got the kids settled and was going to shower, I realized we had no water. So I had to think of how I would entertain the kids and find myself another project to work on.

I came up with a great idea, why not enjoy this beautiful, warm weather and clean up the back yard. I opened the back door and Marcello and I went out to dig up weeds. We were having a great time and I had a HUGH pile of weeds I dug up. When it happened !!!!

I found Marcello inside the house near Finn with one of my dirty gardening shovels. So I went to bring him back outside. I was carrying him out the back door when I stepped wrong and I heard a crack and a pop. I carefully put him down to take off my shoe. Yeah I did something to my foot. It hurt SO BAD !!! I went into the house to try and think of what I was going to do when the phone rang. It was Petra, we had a play date planned for the boys today. I told her what happened and that I might need to go to the Hospital. I was in denial that I broke my foot. I kept walking around the house taking care of what needed to be done while waiting for her to come over. 

Well I decided I did need to go ahead and go to the hospital, but I wanted to shower first. Hence the Strong willed women I am. Didnt care I had a broken foot. I still went up stairs and took a shower (The water finally came back on). I packed a bag calmly and had my neighbor watch Marcello for me. I had to take Finn with me since I only had enough formula for 2 bottles, and I am still nursing.

So off to the ER we go. Petra had to drive my Volvo with her son in Marcello's car seat.  She was a trooper. I feel God had her call at the right time to be there for me. We are there several hours waiting, getting X Rays and waiting again. Finally they tell me I broke my foot and gave me an air cast boot to wear. Then they say to call Tuesday to see the Dr and they will make the decision if I need a cast or not. 

I got to say Perta Rocks, she remained calm, helped me with my boys, even got Seb from school for me. Thank You Petra !!!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

there you are! I kept checking your old blog but found this on facebook. Ouch on the foot.. hope it heals quickly!