Sunday, March 22, 2009

Getting Organized !!!!!!

I just couldn't take the CLUTTER any more. I want more time to spend with my boys instead of chasing my tail doing the same chores over and over and not seeing results.

It took me DAYS to get my organization , Organized. LOL. And this is what I have done so far...

The first thing I did was type up a daily Schedule for my oldest Seb. It's an hour by hour routine for him. From the time he wakes up to when he goes to bed. Children with ADHD need
Repetition !!! Now he knows what he HAS to do everyday. It even shows when he can play with friends and family time. So NO more nagging questions about those 2 items. I printed it out and it is taped on his bathroom door. He marks each one off after he does it. 

The second thing I did was type up a chore chart for him with the amount he gets for each one. At the end of the week he gets his allowance. This helps me in many ways of staying organized. He now is in charge of duties around the house, and now I have more time to focus on other areas of the house and the other 2 boys.

The third item I did was use my iCal on my Apple. I type in each appt, Gym Classes, and anything else I need to keep up with. I printed it out, and it is on a clipboard I keep in my dinning room along with Seb's chore chart.

The forth and my Favorite thing I did was Type up a Commissary list with all the items we buy on a regular basis in order by the layout of the store. I used Excel to do this. The list is in a single line with space beside each item if I need to write details beside it. I tried this out the other day, and it was WONDERFUL. Now when we run out of an item I just put a check next to it on the list. The list is kept on the refrigerator. No more trying to find my note pad and writing items down as we need them, because items always get left off and I forget them. I LOVE IT !!!!

The other items I will be working on is getting myself and Marcello into a daily routine. This one is my MAJOR Challenge. I just started placing him in the CDC or with a sitter. And it has been the best thing EVER. Now I can focus on what I need to do and have ME time. I am also working on doing an weekly menu for us. That will also help with the shopping list.

I am working on a few blogs right now about getting my home organized. I will be posting before and after photos. I will also be posting trips we take and other events in our life.

LIFE IS GOOD IN THE SCHMITZ'S HOME !!!!

Please leave comments on what you do to stay Organized !! How do YOU keep the clutter under control. I am always looking for more ideas.

No comments: