Monday, April 6, 2009

A week with a Broken Foot, and 3 little monkeys !!!!

Well I was going to write about my week after I broke my foot. But I just don't have time to post anything right now. I do have to say I had some awesome people step up and offer help when I needed it. Another thank you to Petra, Nicole Boos, Alica, Willow, K'ray, Alison G., Erin Eves and my neighbors. Each one of these people helped me out either by driving me around, cooking my family a dinner, or just came over and helped with my boys. I got to say it was greatly appreciated. For those who know me well, know its hard for me to admit or ask for help. But there are times, you just need to ask for assistance and not try and suck it up and deal with it all alone.

This week was a very long week for me and I got to say I was in A LOT of pain. For the first time I actually took my pain pills daily. I got hardly any sleep and had to take care of 3 boys. All my home projects were put on holt and the house chores pushed to the side. Marcello was the hardest to take care of. He is a very active 2 year OLD. I was so thankful when my husband came home to help out around the house and with the boys.

Update on my foot:
When I went to the Dr they told me it was only fractured, and that I didn't need a cast. YAY !!. I was so relieved. Thank You guy for all you prayers. I just don't know what I would have done if I needed a cast. They said I don't need the boot any more, just wear it for comfort. Since my foot still hurt, I wanted to wear it a few more days. They also gave me another shoe to wear, but it ended up too small. So after a few days I was able to wear my tennis shoes with an ankle support brace on.  I am walking ok, but need to go back for another X-ray to see how it is healing. I am hoping it will be healed enough for me to wear heals for my Birthday coming up and also the weekend away with the ladies.
Please keep praying my foot heals correctly. 

No comments: