Sunday, March 22, 2009

And the ANTS come Marching IN !!!!

Each blog will be about a project I will be tackling. I will be applying different methods I have read in various books and on line. One is doing one room at a time. So I decided to start with the simplest room first and make my way around the house. So far I have master the Kitchen, Living room, laundry/bathroom and hall closet and the Hall itself. And I am keeping it UNDER CONTROL. The living room clutter is under control, but I am not happy with the way things are arrange. (that will be another project). The dinning room is on its way. I am almost there, but I am keeping the table cleared of clutter. It feels so good to walk around my downstairs now and not see crap everywhere.

YESTERDAYS PROJECT:

Well, I guess Marcello and the
ANTs chose which project I would tackle yesterday during Nap time. I already have done the kitchen with getting things re organized because I am now pumping and bottle feeding. So once again I needed to rearrange where I kept a few items. I also completely cleared off the island, it was becoming another clutter collector. My fruit bowl was becoming Ralph's catch all bowl. (We removed his off the hall table because Marcello was getting into it now.)

MARCELLO, MARCELLO, MARCELLO !!!!!!!!

Marcello started to climb over the love-seat to the dinning room and was terrorizing my kitchen. So I was forced to put a gate at the other kitchen door way and decided to finally open up the dinning to the living room. 

Here are photos of why I did it. 







This one is when he got a hold of my bread crumbs and was playing in it like it was sand.












This one he got a hold of the Oats to make oatmeal. He was eating it. I guess he was hungry. And this is where I found the last mess that forced me to take action on my pantry.

I spent most of my day vacuuming 3-5 times and putting items he drug out from the kitchen instead of doing other items around the house. So the rest of the house was getting out of control.


Yesterday I left the gate down to the Kitchen and Marcello found his NESQUICK Strawberry powder. And of course he poured it out on the floor. I scooped him up and took him to the bath. By the time I came back to clean up the mess I found Ants ALL over it. So here are before and after photos of my pantry. 
Before and After photos.


I know you cant tell from the photos the change, but its hugh. I pulled everything out and vacuumed and put groups items back. I found expired items, and others I have several of. Now I can see what I have and will keep from buying others that I have plenty of.


My new list will also keep from this happening again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Allison, I wish I was there to help you organize. I learned alot being a military wife taking care of 4 kids alone!!!