Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING...



Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. We just hung out at home and cooked an early dinner. Ralph got up with the boys and started the bird in the oven, and I prepared the casseroles. We had a small dinner since it was just us this year. Seb helped me make the sweet potato casserole and boy was it good. I really wanted to bake a few item the night before, but we didn't get organized to do it. We just ended up just chillin at home.

Wednesday we ate lunch with Seb in his classroom. They made a Thanksgiving dinner for the parents. And the kids did such a great job. It was very good. Seb made the Pumpkin Pie and it was very tasty. So we asked him if he would help make ours, he ended up not wanting to when we got around to making it. This year Ralph made the pie crust, and boy it does make a difference in making your own instead of store bought. I was always to lazy to make my own.



Here I am with Marcello and Finn, we didn't have anyone over so I don't have makeup on.



Well, I gotta say this was the quietest Thanksgiving I think I ever had. The past 2 years I went back to the states to visit family while Ralph was gone. And the first year we were married we had around 10 single sailors over for dinner. I guess you can say I am used to being surrounded by family and friends for the holidays. And in some ways I am very home sick when it comes to the gatherings. I really wanted company this year since I was feeling good after I had the baby, but everyone already had plans. I really think Ralph is missing family also. He tried to call and talk to everyone, but with time difference he couldn't get anyone. I know Ralph is really looking forward for his father coming to visit in January.




Here is a photo of Finn 1 week 6 days. He has grown an inch and now weighs 7 pounds and 4 oz. One Oz from his birth weight. He eats all the time.











Here is a photo of Mr sour Puss. He was sooooooo sad he didn't have anyone to play with today. It seems all he cares about lately is playing with friends.


I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I am now getting the house ready for Christmas and for Ralph's parents to visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Schmitz Clan,

You were missed in Cleveland this year. Same old crowd at Aunt Julie's. No Poindexter (in DC), but we got Bob Dittoe as a replacement. Was a good connection, since he has a property east of Cincinnati. We are going to get together to turn Zachy into a bow hunter (another Ted Nugent).