Friday, November 21, 2008

The first week home.

FINNEGAN LIAM ONE WEEK OLD

Wow what a long week it has been. Finnegan is now a week old, and I am very spoiled having Ralph home with me. Just to let everyone know, I am healing fine. This time around I am able to get up and move around without complications and am feeling good. I think this is the best I have felt after a birth. The first few day of course I was sore and week, and very sleep deprived. I wasn't able to get hardly any sleep in the hospital at all. The staff came in almost every hour to run test and check on baby Finn. And I sent Ralph home late each night to take care of Marcello. So the first night home was very rough. But it got better each day. We also have had PWOC (my bible study group) bring us meals every other night to help us out. It has been great having that. I wish we had it when I had Marcello.

Finn is feeding well and I am able to get sleep each night. We had the visiting nurse come by to check on us and he lost some weight. They said if he doesn't gain on the next visit in 2 days, then I will have to start him on bottles. We went through this with Marcello so I wasn't too worried. Ralph fed Marcello bottles in between nursing and we were able to get his weight up. And after he gained I didn't have any problems going back to nursing again. I ended up nursing Marcello until he was one. So on her next visit which was Friday, she weighed him and it showed he gained back to the weight he was released from the hospital. So I was relieved.


So far things are going very well. He is very alert and vocal when he wants something. It just amazes me seeing the difference in Finn and Marcello. It has been too long for me to really remember how Seb was as a newborn. Marcello slept a lot and hardly made a peep. We had to wake him to feed and change him. He was also a cuddle bug while Ralph was gone. To this day Marcello is still a very loving child, he loves to give hugs and cuddle up with you. Finn came out a lot stronger in areas. He is very feisty, and already holds his head up and looks around, just like a normal newborn. He seems to get really mad sometimes. I hope he doesn't get my temper, LOL.

The past few days Ralph and I have been working hard on the house, getting things back in order. It is all coming together. Our house is finally starting to feel like a home. We finally hung up most of the pictures from our vacations that I have had framed. And have been cleaning out the closets. We filled 3 trash bag with clothes, jackets, and other stuff to donate to the thrift shop here on base. It is just coming to that time to update every ones wardrobe.

Ralph is trying to help me get into a good routine with all the boys before he has to go back to work. He has been the one getting Seb up for school and taking care of Marcello and I. So now I am feeling better I can start to take over the household duty's again. I am actually looking forward to living a normal life again. (Well as normal as you can get living on this island.) Getting up with the boys, being able to play with Marcello again, and run errands when and where I want too. FREEDOM.

Well, not much more has been going on with us. I have just been trying to get the house in order for the Holidays. I am hoping to have company for Thanksgiving. I am disappointed I waited to long to get decor items for the Holiday. I wanted to get a new table cloth and a few new items. I haven't been home for Thanksgiving in a few years, and I never hosted a dinner before.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A HAPPY THANKSGIVING

No comments: