Friday, April 10, 2009

Update on projects !!!!

Well things were going great until I hurt my foot. I was getting into a great routine for me and the boys, getting old projects done, and started new ones. I finally had energy to take care of things I have put off for 3 years. I also finally started back at the gym. Slowly I will work out an gym routine that works for me. I am so out of shape. My cardo is next to nothing and I need to rebuild muscle. 

My projects are going ok, just very slow. The up stairs closet is almost complete. I bought new storage containers that I LOVE and hope this method of storing some of our clothes will work out. Only time will tell. I will post before and after photos when it is finally complete. I also redid our book shelf that had all Ralph's cook books on. It was looking cluttered and I didn't like how we had the books arranged. So I tried a new method I have seen in magazines. 

Here is a photo of the book shelf in the dinning room. I am very pleased with the out come. On the top shelf are signed bottles of wine we have collected along with a photo of Ralph and I. The other shelfs are Ralphs books grouped all together and I also placed a few items we have collected from around the world. The large framed picture on the wall is of all the ruins here in Sicily and I can say I have been to ALL of them. on the floor in those boxes is some of our wine. I am hoping to stack the nice wooden boxes together and make a nice table out of it. Once we get a good wine rack I can finally remove the eye sore of the boxes all over my dinning room floor. 


I also starting working hard on my front and back yard. So far I have achieved a lush green front yard. It is almost weedless. The clovers are the hardest to get ride of. I also have been buying plants and new pot to plant them in. This year I want a nice looking front yard. The back yard needs more help. I was digging up the weeds when I hurt my foot. So it was put on hold. I am debating on putting more seed outback or not. Our back is not in great shape, but we do have some grass out there for the boys to play on. I also bought some bamboo and private shield to help block the sun off our back porch. Ralph put some of it up over the weekend. And once we see where the sun shines the most, we will place our roll down shades to block that. It gets extremely HOT here in the summer and I want a cool place to sit while the boys play outside. We also purchased a fire pit, I am excited about sitting out back at night now and burning ALL the stuff we need to shred. ( I killed our shredder). It's all coming together nicely.

I think once I clean our outdoor furniture and finish putting it all out back it will be really nice. Ralph and I are looking forward to enjoying our back yard together this season.  

No comments: