Tuesday, October 14, 2008

An update on Sebastian.

Well I have been talking a little about what he has been up too, but I guess I need to post an full update. I cannot believe how much he has grown, where has the time gone. He started the second grade this year, his 3rd school year on this island. And he has come along ways. I am very proud of him.

We decided this year not to sign him up for soccer, which I was a little sad not to do. I know how much he enjoys it and is pretty good too. But when it rolled around and his friends were going to practice, he didn't seem upset. I think him not doing soccer this season has helped all of us, its nice not to be so busy with sports. I'm not so rushed and we have been getting better family time at home. Plus Ralph is home this season, so we are in an different routine.

We did decide to sign him up this year for Cub Scouts, which this year he is a Wolf. I am very excited about this and hoping this will give him good father and son time with Ralph. Ralph is excited also, and we are hoping this will help teach Sebastian good core values.

We also received a letter from school asking for Sebastian to be part of the "Singing Knights". It's an honor to be asked to be part of this singing group, Especially since its for 3rd graders and up. He has gone to two practices so far after school and is enjoying it. I always have heard him hum and sing around the house, but never really paid attention. He came home one day and asked to sing for me. I was so moved by his little voice. We are looking forward to the concerts he will be in at school.

Sorry I haven't posted photos of Marcello's and Finns room. I have been waiting for Ralph to put a fresh coat of paint in the room. I now am giving up on it. It was Sebs room, so the walls are marked up from him. I am almost 36 weeks and I want to finish the room. All I really need to do is hang the wall decor. Cant wait to show all of you of how cute it is.

Hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ya know ali, i have know ya for way too long, but this is a good thing..lol, i just have a few words to say today. i am sooo glad you and ralph met and decided to get married,i am truely happy for you both and your kids are a godsend,i am more than sure your mom would be proud of you , regardless i know i am and my mom says to tell you hello and she is proud of you too...HAPPY HOLIDAYS SCHMITZ's i certainly hope that if ralph is'nt home with you now that he returns unharmed!!

Schmitz's Family said...

Thanks gary,

Man we have been friends for 11 years now. We became roommates in 97 or 98. The year my mom passed away. You and your mom has always been there for me through everything. And I am so thankful we have kept in touch over the years.

Miss you guys