Friday, August 15, 2008

Reflecting back....

Well, I guess you need to bare with me. This blog page is all new. I should have started this when we first got here. I guess I am going to reflect back on a few things on when we got on the island before I post the latest and greatest on our family over here in Italy. And along the way I will post other flash back to get you up to date about what is going on. Maybe you will get a better idea of the daily challenges we have faced while living overseas. And hopefully a better understanding of why I get so frustrated. 
Like I said this is all new to me. Lets see, like I was saying we arrived in 2006. Seb was 4 going on 5 and Ralph and I have only been married for 5 months. Seb was going through a few things before we left. He didn't understand the move and why he had to leave his school, family and friends. Seb and I also had a great family connection and support from my church that I attended since I was in the 3rd grade. I was also going through some family issue and heartache. You see my brother passed away unexpectedly about a month before we moved. I guess I was the closest to him. I took it pretty hard because I just saw him a few days before he passed. And I felt guilty on not asking anyone to pick him up to bring him to my wedding. So on top of trying to pack for our move, fill out and get all documents we needed to move over seas, I had to plan a funeral. So now you can see all the pressure and stress I was experiencing before we moved to the island.


A photo of Seb at Ralph's graduation before we moved.

No comments: