Saturday, August 16, 2008

Living out of a suitcase.......

Wow, driving through Motta yesterday really bought back memories of when we first got on the island. I remember when we first arrived we stayed at what is called an TLA. Knowing we will be leaving the island really has me reflecting back on everything we have done while here. And made me realized time really does pass you by. And you need to take advantage of today, because you don't know what tomorrow brings. I remember taking Seb into the town of Motta to just walk around and see what kind of stores they had. Did they have clothing stores where I might find something I liked, toys for Seb, or where to get a good cappuccino. I wanted to get out and explore my new surroundings and get a feel of where we will be living for 3 years. I was nervous and excited. After adventuring out a few times, I got the feel of where things were in Motta. It's a small town, not much there to see or do. But we enjoyed our walks while Ralph was getting checked into work. It took a while to get used to when things were open, and setting a new schedule for us. Seb was still taking naps, and I liked the down time so I could take care of things I needed to do. Ralph and I found a few places we liked to go to. One where we can get fresh baked bread, one to get deli meats, cheeses and a few other items. And also a place to get Italian pastries. You really don't realize what all you have all around you until you know you will be leaving. Sometimes you get all caught up in daily things and then you wake up and it's 2 years later. And you go, I never got to go there, or do that. 
When we first got here, we didn't know much about Sicily. Ralph spoke to a few people at work to find places to take us, and I went to the Library to find out what I could. We stayed at the TLA for about a month. So on the weekends, Ralph and I would look at the map and try to decide where we wanted to drive to. Almost every weekend we picked a new place to go to. Our first adventures were a little stressful. Learning how to get around, trying to read road signs, and the way the Locals drove. Driving and finding parking can be a blog on its own, LOL.




One of the first photos of when we got here. My camera ended up dying, so we didn't take very many on our first trips.

No comments: