Sunday, February 22, 2009

Carnevale In Sciacca with the boys !!!!

This year I decided to take the boys on a weekend get away. I was under a great deal of stress with everything that was going on around me. And I needed to get away to clear my head.  I just had my 3rd boy, Ralph just agreed on orders, and I volunteered as the Treasure of the EOD MU8 FRG. It was just too much for me. 

So I emailed Ralph and told him I was thinking of driving to the West Coast to Sciacca for their Carnevale and rent a house on the beach. No Computer, No TV, Just my boys & I. I was Nervous and Excited. This would be my First road trip with the boys by myself.

We arrived just before sunset and all I wanted to do is relax. This is a photo from our beach house. Lots of room for the boys to run around. The beach was just a few steps away, and behind us were beautiful fields. I loved it.

After we all got settled, we loaded up and drove to the Carnevale. The house was only a 10 min drive away. We found parking and reliezed we just missed the parade. So we just walked around and got a bite to eat.




Here are photos of the boys from that night.







The next day I promised Seb we would walk down to the beach and play. Here are a few photos of the property around the house.





Seb standing in the field.




The boys walking back to the house.

After we got back from our walk, we loaded up again to catch the parade. Here are a few photos of the floats.






The floats are HUGH and are pulled down the street by tractors. 
























It was such a BEAUTIFUL day. The sun was out, the sky was clear and very BLUE. And it was warm for this time of year. I could not have asked GOD for a better day to spend with my boys.



































Seb saw this mask the night before and asked if he could get it.






Seb had so much fun running around and driving the bumper cars.





Doesn't this look good. You see booths like this at every Festival they have here in sicily.








Isn't he a CUTIE !!! Finnegan is such a good baby. I am truly blessed with ALL my boys.













OK I just HAD to post a silly photo of me with 2 "Women" from the parade.

We had a very FULL day that day. We all enjoyed ourselves very much. Seb ran around with silly string, I went shopping for more of my favorite ceramics that are only found there. And Finnegan loved looking at all the bright colors and the fresh air.


This blog ended up to be longer than expected so I will post a second one with the photos of when we went to the beach at the house in Sciacca.

LIFE IS GOOD IN SICILY !!!!

No comments: